Monday, April 12, 2010

The I Ching

Pronounced "Yi Jing", the I Ching is a text that was rendered from centuries of practice in philosophy, astrology and cosmology in ancient Chinese culture by word of mouth and eventually put to paper. I have been pouring over its concept and translated versions of its writing because it is spiritual, and yet it is not religious.

I am agnostic (weak agnostic to be specific), and most of my explorations into the philosophical have been through conversation. I have done little actual philosophical research aside from poking into Plato's thoughts, and I thought that I should begin with the I Ching.

As I read, there are many divination methods that come from the I Ching. You can use the stars, some coins, or even a turtle's back to pull a universal interpretation that is without contemporary restraint. I haven't even begun to dig deeply into the I Ching yet, but I believe it is going to be a splendid journey, and I will keep you all posted.

The I Ching Workbook

No comments:

Post a Comment